An extremely stupid sttings enquiry

Housten 16:49 20 Apr 2017

Good Afternoon, Gentlemen, I need to change the wifi settings on my desktop and notebook computers. I have looked through most - but NOT obviously ALL - of the help on my desktop and can find no references at all as to how these can be changed. Could some very, very kind person please tell me how, and where, I go to, to make the necessary amendments.

Any and all replies will be gratefully accepted.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:05 20 Apr 2017

Assuming you are trying to log into a new router with a different passkey?

It could be easier to change the settings in the router to match the settings that are already in computer and laptop. I have done this with my new router to save changing all PCs phones and tablets belonging to the family.

Housten 12:49 21 Apr 2017

Good Morning, Fruit Bat /\0/\, What I have done is bought a "SanDisk Connect" USB. But to use it I have to change the wifi settings on the two computers to be connected to the one that is on the USB. I have not been able to find out from either "Control Panel" or "Help and Support" how to make the change, especially as I will have to alter the settings back to what they are now. All I would like to know is how to alter the settings.

Forum Editor 13:23 21 Apr 2017

"to use it I have to change the wifi settings on the two computers to be connected to the one that is on the USB"

Why do you need to do that? The SandDisk Connect's wireless capability shuts off as soon as you plug it into a computer's USB port. It will not work wirelessly when plugged in. All that happens is that the device starts charging.

You can connect to the drive from a PC, but It is primarily designed to connect multiple mobile devices together, although you can also use it as a USB file storage drive. It will work with Macs as well as PCs, and it is easier just to plug it into a USB port. It has its own built-in WiFi adapter - no settings need to be entered on any device to use it.

Just be aware that although the SandDisk Connect allows up to three mobile devices to view the same file at any one time, you can only read - you can't edit the files. You'll also need to charge it - the battery is good for around 4 hours - less if you connect multiple devices. That means you must charge it each night if you use it regularly.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:28 21 Apr 2017

If your just using it to connect to PCs then the easiest way is via a web bowser and input the IP IP address (which can be found in your network adapter's IP settings, then point your browser to the information under the 'gateway' setting) of the SanDisk drive in the web browser.

If connecting to a tablet or phone press the Wi-Fi button until it blinks blue, Once on, you connect your mobile device or computer to the Connect Wireless Flash Drive by selecting the pre-named wireless name.

For mobile devices you can download the SanDisk Wireless Flash Drive app. Once downloaded, you connect your Android or iOS device to the SanDisk Connect Wireless Flash Drive's Wi-Fi and that's it.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:31 21 Apr 2017

click here manual

Housten 15:48 22 Apr 2017

Good Afternoon, Gentlemen, Many thanks for your very helpful replies.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5T review: Hands-on

Illustrator Andrés Lozano on his improv line work, brazen use of colours & hand sketching

iPhone X review

Comment envoyer gratuitement des gros fichiers ?