Extracting videos off websites

Tilly Flop 00:49 06 Feb 2006

I'm trying to extract a video off a website without success. I've used Hidownload before but the video when I right-click it doesn't have a properties box. I've also done numerous disk cleans which in the past has resulted in me finding the file, but isn't happening on this occasion. Is there an alternative software which will extract it from the website for me.

Kev.Ifty 00:59 06 Feb 2006

After playing the video, you may find it in your Temporary Internet Folder.

Try to copy it to a folder from there.

Oh and don't forget, respect Copyright etc...

Cheers Kev.

Tilly Flop 01:13 06 Feb 2006

Thanks Kev, I'll try that. If I manage to get it I'll check with one of the moderators on the website forum before sharing it.

Christine

ashdav 01:14 06 Feb 2006

Can we have a link to what you're trying to extract ?

ashdav 01:15 06 Feb 2006

Just beat ne to it

Tilly Flop 01:22 06 Feb 2006

Hi Ash,

I'm trying to get 2 videos off the Il Divo website for Australia & Japan on this link (under exclusive) - box on top right of screen
click here

Christine

Kev.Ifty 01:49 06 Feb 2006

Got it using the method i suggested..

I see the file is a Shockwave Flash Object. You may need to download the player.. click here

Have you got it?

Kev ;-)

Tilly Flop 02:04 06 Feb 2006

Hi Kev,

I haven't got shockwave & I'm downloading it now. I checked the Temporary Internet files when I did the disk clean & the file wasn't there. Am I looking in the wrong place. I can't believe you managed to get the file so quick.

Christine

Kev.Ifty 02:25 06 Feb 2006

Not sure about 'Disk Clean' what is that?

Here what I did...

Play the Video. Then click on TOOLS/INTERNET OPTIONS. Select the GENERAL tab. Click on SETTINGS then VIEW FILES. In the list look for Il_Divo_in_Australia_lo

Right click it and select COPY.

Now you should be able to PASTE the file to a folder in your Documents..

Easy aint it ;-)

Kev.

Kev.Ifty 02:31 06 Feb 2006

Does this help? click here

Kev.

Tilly Flop 04:19 06 Feb 2006

Hi Kev,

Thanks so much for your help. It worked <smiles><jumps up & down with delight> A disk clean is Start, all programs, accessories, system tools, disk cleanup. I wouldn't have thought to do it your way & it's much simpler. I also wouldn't have looked for a file that looked like a data file so your screenprint was very helpful.

I've used my movie converter & converted it to MPEG so it can now be watched on Windows Media Player. I'll speak to one of the moderators now about posting it onto the forum & you'll have made lots of people very happy as I've been asked for ages about getting these for them. Thank you on their behalf as well.

Christine

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?