extracting a ppt document within a word doc

morris948 16:49 21 Apr 2008

Hi
Hoping someone can help here, i have a word document sent ny email which has a powerpoint document embedded within the text.
i can open it by double clicking and it works, but if i copy and paste it to my desktop it turns into a 'scrap' document (.shs file extension)
How do i save it as a powerpoint, as if i try and send a scrap object by email, the mail program thinks it is unsafe and wont send it.
If i try and convert it to powerpoint, i get a message that there is no text converter to open this document.
Can anyone help please

rossgolf 16:51 21 Apr 2008

right click>save target as? not sure if this works

morris948 16:55 21 Apr 2008

When i right click, i get these options:

cut
copy
paste
presentation object
hide picture toolbar
borders and shading
caption
format object
hyperlink

But no 'save target as'

morris948 17:02 21 Apr 2008

FYI, i am using
Microsoft office version 2003 on windows XP

VoG II 17:43 21 Apr 2008

Open the presentation then File > Save As.

morris948 18:02 21 Apr 2008

The presentation opens in full screen, there is no taskbars to control anything, i can only right click and this brings up no useful options for saving the document

VoG II 18:15 21 Apr 2008

Right click the presentation > Presentation Object > Open. Does it still open full screen?

Sea Urchin 18:15 21 Apr 2008

When a Powerpoint item is embedded in a Word doc it becomes part of the document and hence cannot be saved as suggested above by rossgolf. If you right click and select "presentation object" you should get an option to Edit, and possibly there may be other options to Save? I don't have such a document to play with at the moment, but it might give you a clue.

morris948 18:31 21 Apr 2008

By right clicking the embedded ppt - select presentation object - edit, it opens in ppt with access to the taskbars - then select 'file' - 'save copy as'

voilla! one ppt saved to desktop.

Thanks to you all for your ideas!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?