Extracting photo's from a powerpoint presentation

Bribabby 13:52 26 Nov 2010

Hello all, can anyone help with this problem. Now and again I receive a powerpoint presentation with wonderful photo's, my problem is, can I extract and keep the ones I like for my own files?

VoG II 13:59 26 Nov 2010

If you have Powerpoint then if you SaveAs a Powerpoint presentation (.ppt) file then you can right click a picture, select Copy and paste into Paint.

skeletal 16:31 26 Nov 2010

In PowerPoint 2010 it’s even easier; just right click on the photo and select “Save as picture”. You can then chose a directory, and also have options of which file type to save as.

I’m not sure how many versions back of Office this feature has been available...still, no harm in right clicking and seeing if it’s there (if you don’t have 2010)!

Skeletal

Woolwell 16:36 26 Nov 2010

It's available in 2007 version.

VoG II 16:37 26 Nov 2010

But not in 2000...

BT 16:53 26 Nov 2010

from

click here

Does a good job and all in one go

skeletal 18:05 26 Nov 2010

Although I have 2003, 2007 and 2010 I tend to only use 2010 unless I HAVE to use one of the others. One problem with this is that I’m never sure which version has what anymore! And it can sometimes take a fair time to “re-initialise” a version so I’m too lazy to start another one up.

It’s getting to the point where I want to uninstall the earlier versions; by next year most of the people I work with will have finally moved to 2010 so hopefully I won’t have to keep checking everything works in the old versions.

Sorry for the minor thread hijack!

Skeletal

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?