Extracting Outlook Express Emails

ThorPet 01:01 27 Apr 2006

I have a corrupt copy of Windoes XP SP2. As there is some important data on the harddrive that hasn't been backed up I have used a spare harddisk to boot my PC from.

I have attached the harddisk with the corrupt OS on to my PC as a slave and I'm happily copying my data across from one harddisk to the other.

However, I have emails and contacts stored in Outlook Express. Can anyone advise me on how I can extract the information from Outlook Express from the harddisk with the corrupt OS on?

Thanks,

Peter

remind 01:17 27 Apr 2006
  Batch 12:41 27 Apr 2006

Assuming a standard installation, the mail folders will be located at something like:

Z:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\{696C300F-E1A4-4F0C-8297-51BE618B53E1}\Microsoft\Outlook Express

Where Z: is the drive with the corrupt OS and USERNAME is the username you were using.

The mail folders are stored as foldername.dbx files.

The address book will be located at something like:

Z:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\Microsoft\Address Book

The addressbook will be username.wab

If you can't find the files doing the above, try searching for *.dbx and *.wab and you should be able to find them.

To import both of the above, in Outlook Express, click on the File menu and then select Import and follow the appropriate paths.

ThorPet 16:00 27 Apr 2006

Thanks Guys!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

30 UK artists have created vibrant posters celebrating Pride London

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?