EXTRA RAM

cravenbiker 11:35 07 Jul 2008

HI Guys

i want to speed my desktop pc up a bit and thought Id start with extra ram(ive heard this is a good place to start),
Question is, how do i know what ram is going to be compatible with my motherboard and do i have to look out for other compatibility withother components?

thank you.

ventanas 11:37 07 Jul 2008
  ronalddonald 11:42 07 Jul 2008

look on your RIGHT HAND SIDE of the screen what do you c. Is crucial the meory experts. Godd now dont get hypnotised. Click on there and they have a computer checker that will tell what ram you need and how much you already have.

Also download anti spyware from click here

and downlaod from there.

This should clear up any gunge haging arround.

And downlad a good anti-spyware program form hippo.

Good luck on your mission

cravenbiker 11:44 07 Jul 2008

Hi, thanks for that, however, if i wanted to use ram that i have from an older machine or from a friends machine, is there a way of finding out which spec the ram needs to have?

cravenbiker 12:05 07 Jul 2008

"look on your RIGHT HAND SIDE of the screen what do you c. Is crucial the meory experts. Godd now dont get hypnotised. Click on there and they have a computer checker that will tell what ram you need and how much you already have."

hahahaha....im confused with your details on the right hand side statement, do you mean the advert box?

rincewind66 13:57 07 Jul 2008

Yes click on the ad on the right and enter your computer details in the checker.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?