External speakers for a desktop computer

  geek84 09:12 22 Aug 2010

Hi Folks

I am thinking of buying some external speakers for my desktop computer. Do you know if there is a special name given to them?

Where is the best place to buy them (retailers) & what things should I be looking for when selecting which ones to buy?


  onthelimit 09:26 22 Aug 2010

Usually just 'computer speakers'. What you buy depends on what you want to use them for; what you get depends on how much you pay (as usual). If only for basic quality music, then no need to pay over the odds. As to where from, the choice is wide - Staples, Maplins, Dabs, Comet etc even Tescos sell them.

  gengiscant 10:38 22 Aug 2010

I have used Trust and Logitech in the past and have been more than happy. Mine are used in conjunction with gaming so have never spent more than £30 on 2.1. Have never bothered with a 5.1 sound system because of the shape of the room and how my PC is place in the room.

  MAT ALAN 11:39 22 Aug 2010

click here

I have the T3000 version of these, quite superb sound for general PC use...

  BT 17:19 22 Aug 2010

It all depends as has been said on what you want to use them for. As onthelimit said you can get them at all price points from lots of places. I've got quite a respectable set from Tesco which are perfectly adequate for general everyday use.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?