external sound cards

Peterkins777 11:28 22 Oct 2008

Hi everyone, I am very happy with my on board sound (easily pleased?) but I would like to record some of my old LPs I am thinking of getting an external USB sound card can any one point me in the right direction? Peter.

Pine Man 11:42 22 Oct 2008

Just put 'external USB sound card' in Google and read all the advice and advertisements.

Demora 18:35 22 Oct 2008

click here

I'm using a very old version of this thing. 2003 model. But has been really good.

D

Peterkins777 10:42 23 Oct 2008

Thanks for the replies, Pine Man I have Googled external USB sound cards, but as I don't believe most if not all advertisements I thought I would see if anyone here had any experience with them. As I am quite satisfied with my on board sound it's just the case of which card would be best for recording my old LPs. Peter

Pine Man 11:23 23 Oct 2008

Do you actually have to have a sound card to record LP's? Isn't it possible with onboard sound?

Sorry if the Google suggestion appeared a bit rude. It wasn't intended but I did one and it looked as though there was some advice as well as advertisement.

Peterkins777 19:39 23 Oct 2008

Hi everyone, Pine Man I don't think it's possible to record directly to the on board sound as I think you need different I/O connections but I really don't have a clue, just a load of great LPs needing conversion!! Peter

Pine Man 08:40 24 Oct 2008

I thought that the connections on a motherboard for sound where similar, if not the same as, to those on a sound card.

Maybe someone out there knows the answer.

Demora 10:44 24 Oct 2008

If the soundcard has a Line In socket and you have the relavent software you should be able to record.

D

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?