External Iomega Burner does not work

281apple 06:59 02 Jan 2005

I picked up an Iomega External Burner with CD, instructions and cables which dates to 2001. It was working OK on Win98 2nd Edition but I use XP Family on my computer. On the Installation CD, there is an Easy CD Creator 4 but XP does not recognise it and sends me to the Iomega Site to upgrade but Iomega no longer upgrades N° 4 and invites me to download the latest thing they have invented for (only, as they say) $69.90. I have Nero 6 installed on my computer. Does anyone know a way to get the Easy CD Creator 4 to work, or for Nero 6 to work or maybe there is another solution. Thanks for any help.

MichelleC 10:34 02 Jan 2005

There is an update for xp on Nero site.

281apple 17:53 02 Jan 2005

Thanks but I already have the update for Nero 6 but that is not the problem because Nero does not work with the Iomega Burner cause I can't even install the program on the computer.

The problem is to get an update for Easy CD Creator 4 without having to pay $69.90.

MichelleC 08:56 03 Jan 2005

If you can't install Nero it's either because it's a bundled version or there's a file remaining from previous uninstall. If it's the latter there's a Nero removal tool on site to 'clean'.

281apple 09:03 04 Jan 2005

Thanks. I finally found the solution. appreciate your suggestions

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

Black Friday Deals for Designers & Artists: Adobe, Apple, Corel Painter, Microsoft Surface, Wacom &e…

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires