External HDD driver

DaveCoops 20:50 16 May 2006

I have an external USB hard drive that I wish to use but can't find a driver that will work with Windows 98. Unfortunately, apart from using a Maxtor drive (type 5TO20H2), it is completely unbranded, being in a common type case. The only number on the interface PCB is "2PCB04V-013001E IDE---XXX3001TE. Can anyone suggest a driver that might work?

Pamy 21:16 16 May 2006

Unfortunately, apart from using a Maxtor drive (type 5TO20H2), it is completely unbranded,

Not sure what you meen by this statement,can you explain in more detail

Pamy

DaveCoops 08:11 17 May 2006

Sorry if I wasn't too clear. The case is marked "Mobile Disk" and that is it. I had assumed that this was a generic hard drive case using a Maxtor drive with USB interface electronics of unknown origin. Not had too much to do with these devices so may be a bit naive.

Pamy 11:41 17 May 2006

Hi Dave, If you are saying that the hard drive you want to use/is inside case, is a Maxtor, then your best bet is to contact Maxtor for a driver for that model HDD. Sorry I cannot be of any more help

Pamy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

Black Friday Deals for Designers & Artists: Adobe, Apple, Corel Painter, Microsoft Surface, Wacom &e…

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires