External Hard Drive Problems.

AlanRLong50 19:24 01 Nov 2005

Hello and thank you for reading this.As a new computer user of 6 months only (I'm 51),I have a problem when I transferred data from my c drive to my e drive. I successfully copied all my Windows Media Player 10 songs onto it with no problem.However,when I open up a few files to see if the tracks have copied over correctly,I find it all a huge mess and I don't know why.I can't always find a complete track listing in one place. Many files show the standard yellow file symbols and others have the WMP10 circular file symbols listing the individual tracks.I put rip all the cds in the same way,and correct them for spelling errors and mistakes afterwards.I guess this mess must start in the c drive. My questions are thus. 1.Is it possible to load the Windows Media Player 10 SP2 software directly into the e drive? 2.Would I then be able to copy over all my music files into the e drive with WMP10 already installed so that the transferred files slot themselves into position as per the c drive version? 3.Would I get the desired result of having all the stored information in the e drive as a 'mirror image' of that on the c drive? 4.If yes,how would I do it? If you could keep your answers straightforward and not technical,I would be obliged. Thank you very much indeed for any help and advice. I sure could use it!

Diodorus Siculus 20:00 01 Nov 2005

If you have ripped them once to the hard drive, copying the whole folder that contains them should do the job for you.

I don't think there is an advantage to installing WMP on the E drive.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?