External Hard Drive Failed...

KPC 09:59 30 May 2009

I need to recover data from an external hard drive that has failed. I have a mac, well its a friends and he said his computer wont recognise it anymore and there is a constant flicker on the light at the front of the drive which after contacting their support line have confirmed there is a fault. He has read that if he tries to connect to a windows pc, although the drive is formatted to Mac OS, it should see it. Is this true and is there any good recovery software i can use to recover the data. I have a fully updated genuine vista premium pc. thanks.

KPC 10:11 30 May 2009

The drive is a Maxtor One Touch 2

Technotiger 10:16 30 May 2009

This direct download does recover images/jpg's etc on a PC, not sure about Mac though ... click here

Technotiger 10:18 30 May 2009

PS - that download is mainly aimed at recovering Pics from most types of Media.

KPC 10:21 30 May 2009

ok, i can give it a go, thanks

KPC 10:25 30 May 2009

The data i need to recover is for a sound technician who has all his sound files on this drive.

aliciadcosta 11:22 06 Aug 2009

<a href="click here">Data Recovery Mac</a> is the software which gives you the best services for repairing your lost data from the Macintosh operating system. You can use it by downloading this with easy process. This software runs very smoothly and provides the quick retrieving process of data loss.

click here

parbindsingh 15:03 05 Sep 2011

hey, find forum site link mac rumers to get solution of such kind of problems by the i have video converter for mac , you can try this to convert video files.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?