External Drive and Image Backup

SURVEY 17:24 28 Feb 2007

Can anyone help me please? Just purchased a Western Digital My Book 500GB external drive. Have converted it to NTFS successfully. Have managed to copy some files straight over from my main drive to the external drive.

However when using Norton Ghost 9.0 it starts to create the image and gets so far and then comes up with the message ‘Error E7D01001F – Unable to write to file Error 0000000002. The system can’t find the file specified (0xED7D100F)’. Then ‘Windows unable to save all the data I:\$BitMap’.

Have now tried this several times. Trying to use Symantec’s ‘so-called’ help the only near reference is that it may be due to an insufficient stack size and to change the Registry parameter. I am reluctant to do this. My hard drive is approx. 185GB used.

Any ideas? Could it be a faulty drive?

woodchip 17:30 28 Feb 2007

You got the Title wrong I thought you wanted to Image your Drive. As with Acronis

SURVEY 17:38 28 Feb 2007

Woodchip - yes, I guess the title is misleading, so have recopied to Backup Image Problems. Will tick this as resolved to stem replies.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?