External Blue Tooth device what use is it

golfpro 08:49 13 Jul 2006

Does anyone have an external blue tooth device, and what do you use it for?
I bought one in a fit of madness, but I can't think for the life in me what I can use for, except maybe for syncing my mobile to the pc, but to do that I would have to buy the software as well.
I'm just looking for ideas..........

ArrGee 09:32 13 Jul 2006

When you say 'an external bluetooth device', are you talking about a bluetooth USB dongle? If so, the correct software should have come with it. From there on you can (as you point out) sync with your mobile, send MP3s to the mobile (if it has the capability), connect to other bluetooth enabled PCs/laptops for data exchange, print via a bluetooth enabled printer...etc.

Bluetooth can be considered as the removal of wired connections between devices.

For more information click here

yabadabado 09:40 13 Jul 2006

i use bluetooth to sync 3 phones, and transfer files to mac when in range ( small files and close range)...

biggest reason i bought it is to use salling clicker ( software for phone to control software on pc - ie a remote control!) so i can sit back and control powerdvd itunes etc from across the room...

Taff™ 10:08 13 Jul 2006

I use it for phone synchronisation and listening to my computer music or the radio on a pair of bluetooth headphones around the house.

vinnyT 10:59 13 Jul 2006

Some printers now come with bluetooth (either standard, or optional) connections, as do keyboards and mice.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?