Extension of desktop across 2 monitors

Flixbert 17:08 04 Oct 2009

Please help. I want to use photoshop across two monitors.I have designated them 1 & 2 but can't get them to work as one large workspace. I want to drag my palettes to my smaller screen & keep my main screen for actual work in progress.

exdragon 17:20 04 Oct 2009

I've got the same set up, but I think I organised it through the graphics card (Nvidia Geforce 7600 GT) - there's an option to run multiple displays, then when you get so far, I think there's an option to extend the display over 2 monitors. There are also options to treat both monitors as one space or to have them identical.

I'm sure someone will come along with the exact instructions. It's one of those things which drive you mad until you hit one the correct options!

At one point, instead of dragging tools to the left from monitor 1 to monitor 2, they sort of vanished from one side, 'went round the back' and reappeared on the wrong side of the other screen.

Good luck!

DieSse 17:40 04 Oct 2009

In the nvidia driver settings there's a simple menu to choose how your two screens are laid out.

"At one point, instead of dragging tools to the left from monitor 1 to monitor 2, they sort of vanished from one side, 'went round the back' and reappeared on the wrong side of the other screen."

Either physically change your monitors around - or change which one is 1 and which one is 2

exdragon 18:36 04 Oct 2009

They are fine, thanks, I was just using this as an illustration of how frustrating it can be.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

The secrets of creating gory VFX

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache