Exporting Email Setting in Outlook 2003

Gorillaz 04:59 16 Apr 2007

I have searched the forums and the MS knowledge base and can see how to export email settings in OE but how can I do it in Outlook? There is an option to import settings but I can find nothing on how to export.

Taff™ 06:24 16 Apr 2007

All the information for your Outlook is held in a file called Outlook.pst In XP it will be found in C:\Documents and Settings\GORILLAZ\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook

You potentially need to copy all the files in this folder to include any additional files such as Archive.pst (Contains your Archived Messages and Personal Folders). Then you simply Import them to a new computer.

Are you just trying to back them up or are you trying to set up a new computer with the same information?

Gorillaz 07:12 16 Apr 2007

Thanks Taff™
I am going to format my HD and reinstall windows. I do not want to import my address book or old emails just my isp email settings. I am just being lazy trying to avoid writing down all of the settings.

Taff™ 09:23 16 Apr 2007

Not sure if you can just import the ISP settings but if you do as I suggested it`s probably easier to then delete everything what you don`t want.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?