Explor.exe Trojan

allstar 22:22 16 Mar 2004

Hi

I was doing a virus scan - the first for a couple of weeks - and AVG detected a trojan dialer.6.s

I moved it to the virus vault and delted it from there.

However, i was downloading Galactic Conquest mod for BF1942 and a message came up saying that the trojan had been detected in the system restore. I disabled system restore and did a virus check but nothing was found.

My question is - have i eliminated the bug or not?

VoG II 22:24 16 Mar 2004

Yes, if it was in a restore point it will have gone. Don't forget to re-enable System Restore if you haven't already.

allstar 22:26 16 Mar 2004

Vog

Thanks for the quick reply.

The thing is, is that i deleted the virus then later on it detected it in system restore. Would it have automatically deleted it when i disabled system restore and ran the virus check?

VoG II 22:39 16 Mar 2004

When you disable System Restore all the existing restore points are, in effect, deleted. So it has gone.

allstar 22:41 16 Mar 2004

VoG

Thanks for the reply. Much appreciated.

gudgulf 22:42 16 Mar 2004

If there is a virus in system restore your anti virus program will not be able to access it--so it can only be removed by deleting all your restore points.Disabling system restore does exactly that so there would be nothing for the virus scan to find---your system is clean.

VoG II 23:04 16 Mar 2004

When you disable System Restore all the existing restore points are, in effect, deleted. So it has gone.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires