explorer.exe appear twice in Task Manager Processes, why?

Graphicool1 15:05 30 Aug 2013

'explorer.exe' appears twice in 'Task Manager Processes', why?

One is using 35,628 k and the other is using 31,944 k.

I've never noticed two instances of it running together like this?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:24 30 Aug 2013

Would normally only expect one.

What are they running at?

explorer.exe running over 25000K to 30000K, is usually a sign of infection.

Possibly a trojan have a read click here

rdave13 18:37 30 Aug 2013

I agree with Jock1e. Check if explorer or iexplorer. The more tabs or pages opened the more iexplorer processes and ram is used.

Graphicool1 17:47 31 Aug 2013

Sorry I've been so long getting back to you.

Hi Fruit Bat /\0/\

I checked your link and I can report that I don't have any of the instances of 'explorer.exe' - 'dlder.exe' or 'clicktilluwin' in any of the locations they said, or any other for that matter.

When I click on either of them and say 'Open File Location' both go to the same location. Which is...

C:\Windows\explorer.exe

...which is where you'd expect to be taken if it were genuine. However, the mystery still remains, why are there two instances?

Jock1e

"Do you mean iexplore.exe."

No I don't because 'iexplore.exe' is 'Internet Explorer'.

But I'm talking about 'explorer.exe' which is 'Windows Explorer'

rdave13

"I agree with Jock1e."

'See my reply to jock1e'.

Woolwell 21:19 31 Aug 2013

Read this

Do you run any torrents programs as these could cause your problem?

1]: [click here

Graphicool1 15:41 01 Sep 2013

Hi Woolwell

I checked out your 'Read This' link and what they showed and said was exactly as mine were. Now, in case you haven't picked up on what I just said...the operative word was 'were'. meaning, as of today, I nolonger have two instances of 'explorer.exe' there is now just the one.

As for you question..."Do you run any torrents programs"...no I don't.

bumpkin 16:13 01 Sep 2013

Graphicool, did you take lessons in rudeness or is it just a natural talent of yours.

Woolwell 16:43 01 Sep 2013

So you don't have a problem any more - good. But you don't know what caused it in the first place.

Graphicool1 12:21 02 Sep 2013

Hi bumpkin

"did you take lessons in rudeness"

I suppose you are, referring to the emphasis on the 'were', in my last post. If this is indeed the case, then if Woolwell was offended by it, I wish to offer my sincere apology. I didn't mean to insult anyones inteligence. Least of all people who are trying to help me.

However, that said and in my defence the, reason I pointed it up was because I have noted both personally and indirectly many occasions when contributers have either ignored, not read or not fully comprehended what had been asked or said. In this case it can be annoying to have to keep repeating yourself. I hope this explanation has cleared up this matter.

PS

It would appear that you are still unhappy about things I said to you personally, some days ago in another thread of mine. Well, if you recall prior to that statement I did say, "I meant no offence" by what I was about to say. (and this is ironically a point of fact that shows exactly what I meant in the "In my defence" statement) It was after all not much more than an observation on my part. If you misunderstood and as such took it badly, then I can say no more than I'm sorry to hear it. But what I'm not prepared to do is bind my hands and tape my mouth shut for fear of upsetting some other person who hasn't bothered to read what I have written or hasn't comprehended something I have said. Perhaps we could move on now.

Hi Woolwell

I truly hope you weren't offended and haven't taken what I said earlier badly?

Regarding..."But you don't know what caused it in the first place."

This is very true and I'm guessing I probably never will. I can only hope it never does it again?!

Woolwell 12:29 02 Sep 2013

I didn't take offence.

Graphicool1 12:31 02 Sep 2013

Cheers Woolwell G1

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?