explorer screen disappears

Victoria 21:33 26 Jan 2009

when I open explorer teh window comes up blank for a split second then disappears. The hourglass disappears and it looks as if I have not tried to open it. I have tried rebooting (I am on my hiusbands scomputer at the moment!

Graphicool1 11:51 27 Jan 2009

Hi I take it you are talking about Internet Explorer and not Windows Explorer? If it's 'IE' try this...
Right Click (RC) the IE icon, on your desktop
Left click (LC) the 'General' tab
At the top it says 'Home Page' there's a box that should either be displaying your 'Home Page' (Default) or 'about:blank' (Use Blank)?

If it is showing something else, that you don't recognise high-light it and delete. Then click on either (Use Default) your 'Home Page' or (Use Blank) this brings the page up quicker. Now click 'Apply' and 'Ok'

Victoria 18:16 27 Jan 2009

I followed youir instructions - I am talking about internet explorer - same problem - as I open it (clickk on the desktop icon or from the start menu, it looks as if it is going to open up but instead of the screen filling with all sorts of exciting things it just disappears after less than a second

brundle 19:25 27 Jan 2009

ie7 step by step troubleshooting
click here
click here

Victoria 17:42 28 Jan 2009

thank you for your replies - after tearing our hair with the microsoft helpline we have mangae to take off the add-on which was causing the problem
blessings
Victoria

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Microsoft Surface Book 2 hands-on review – bigger and 5x faster

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?