explorer error report?

treefinder 15:39 22 Jan 2009

Nearly every time I close a browser I get the Explorer error report coming up and when I press don't send I get thrown out and have to open explorer again. Whats going on?

birdface 15:44 22 Jan 2009

Its happening to me occasionally as well.I was thinking of downloading Firefox to try that.Must be an IE7 problem I think.

birdface 15:45 22 Jan 2009

Just in case it's a Browser problem I use Virginmedia.

treefinder 15:56 22 Jan 2009

Not sure I know what is IE7? I am on Virgin Media but open my various web pages using my favourites if that makes any difference?

treefinder 16:02 22 Jan 2009

Just had a search for IE7. Yes, I have IE7 and had no problems until recently?

birdface 16:17 22 Jan 2009

Just wonder if its a Virginmedia problem.So far only the 2 of us having problems and both with the same ISP.I am in the Northants area if that clears it up a bit.

birdface 16:24 22 Jan 2009

Found this on another Forum so don't know if it will work or not.
Problem resolved re: Here is the workaround i found that worked for me. Go to Control Panel, Internet options. Next, go to Advance Tab.
Uncheck "Enable third party browser extension"
Click OK ,restart. good luck this problem can be many things from what i read.

treefinder 16:29 22 Jan 2009

Thanks Buteman will try that. I am in Lancs.
Not that happy with Virgin as it goes down every now and then usually when I am doing something. The last time, November. When it came back on I had to ring the help deak as it had stopped the Linksys working for the wireless connection to my wifes lap top. They said it must be faulty. Had then to contact Linksys who talked me through the whole set up again to make it function.
Cheers.

birdface 23:16 22 Jan 2009

Just thought that i would give Firefox a go.Certainly a lot faster opening pages.Print is just a bit to light for me I would prefer it a bit darker.maybe I will get used to it.But at the moment prefer I/explorer but will stay on here until I/E sorts itself out.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?