Explore problem

SallyC 19:39 08 Jun 2009

Hi
Can anyone advise why my laptop sometimes crashes when I go into 'explore' in the right click start menu. It's not consistent - sometimes it lets me sort files & folders out etc and then other times it just freezes everything & the mouse pointer turns into a I shape when hovered over the task bar at the bottom. It's been doing this on and off for some time so it's not due to anything I've changed recently. I carry out regular cleaning & defragging etc.
I'm running on Windows XP.
Thanks
Sally

birdface 09:05 09 Jun 2009

Hi.There has been problems with Flash player on Vista that has been causing computers to crash.Normally when they try to update to the latest version of flash they get problems that so far have not been resolved.
probably not your problem but thought that I would mention it as you are not getting many replies.
Maybe download and run Malwarebytes free edition update it first.That should find anything that your security programs may have missed.

Maybe try a disk check.
Right click C Drive.properties. Tools.Check now.And tick both squares.It will start automatically the next time you reboot your computer.It will take about an hour or so to complete.Any problems it finds it should repair.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?