Exploit.wmf virus

Taurus 10:19 02 Oct 2006

Good morning all, I have recently picked up the above virus that has, since being installed, increased to 4 versions on my computer. I have downloaded all M.S. Updates and that may or may not have closed the door on them, but the problem of what to do with those on the machine still exists. AVG recognises them but is unable to clean them and a search of the net reveals masses of info on the virus but no information on how to clean the computer. Does anyone have any up to date info on this? I would be grateful for any help you may be able to provide.

Dave

VoG II 10:21 02 Oct 2006

BitDefender Free Online Virus Scan
click here
Make sure you tick AutoClean under Scan Options.

Panda ActiveScan
click here
Make sure you tick Disinfect automatically under Scan Options.

Housecall at TrendMicro
click here
Make sure you tick Auto Clean.

eTrust Antivirus Web Scanner
click here

Taurus 10:24 02 Oct 2006

I will give it a try and post results. Many thanks.

Dave

Taurus 19:59 09 Oct 2006

Sorry I'm late getting back. Thanks VoG for the links but no good I'm sorry to say, still there.

Thanks anyway.

skidzy 20:04 09 Oct 2006

click here a-squared may deal with this.
click here

skidzy 20:09 09 Oct 2006
  skidzy 20:15 09 Oct 2006

If no success with the MS patch,though i think its a little late for that now and a-squared dose not shift it.Maybe try Troganhunter 4 it has a trial period that may just sort this little nasty.click here

If all else fails,try running your AV and a-squared in safemode with system restore disabled/reboot/enable system restore and rescan.

Taurus 20:28 09 Oct 2006

Thanks Skidzy, I have patched windows already but it doesn't remove the virus, do you know if it stops the vulnerability even if the machine is still infected?
I am running A2 now, I will let you know the outcome.

dave

skidzy 20:42 09 Oct 2006

Once infected the patch is no use because this has already been allowed on the system.

Once you are clean from this trojan,try downloading the patch again.Also it would be worth trying one of the online scans suggested by VoG™ again.

Ive had a look around regarding this trojan and like you say,plenty of info.It may take a few programs to shift it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?