Experiencing jumpy freezes after BSOD

[email protected] 11:53 28 Apr 2017

Hello! I was desperately looking for a converter yesterday that would turn a .mp4 into .flv for flash. I installed a bunch of converters,uninstalling them shortly after after finding out they are useless. During the installation of Adobe Media Encoder I received a blue screen of death.

When the PC booted the first time I tried to log in with my user it wouldn't recognize it and in stead booted a temporary account.

Afterwards I've been experiencing jumpy lag,unresponsiveness from the PC and programs take a long time to launch/load.

Example of jumpy lag: Opening up photoshop,making a new file and then dragging a rectangle object across the work area.Every 6th-7th drag the PC would freeze (all but the mouse) and after 2-3 seconds it would catch up to my actions as if sped up for a fraction of the second. The more things are running,the more frequent the freezes and the longer I have to wait.The PC is barely usable when there's 5-6 programs opened. I ran virus scans and cleaned up around 120 infected files - 1 trojan and a lot of pups. I ran error checking on C where my Windows is,seems ok. I ran one on D as well but stopped it,because it was taking so damn long,I'll run it again now as I wait for replies.

My specs: Asus N751J

I don't understand logs,how to get them and what to look for.Can you help me figure out the issue? Leave me some instructions below,I'll be checking this thread frequently and responding as quickly as I can throughout the day.

[email protected] 11:55 28 Apr 2017

Damn the image didn't upload.

Asus N751J Win7 Ultimate 64bit SP1 Intel Core i3/i5/i7 4xxx @ 2.60GHz 8,00GB RAM Single-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz Generic PnP Monitor ([email protected]) LG IPS FULLHD ([email protected]) Intel (ASUStek Computer Inc) 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950M (ASUStek Computer Inc) 117GB SanDisk SSD U110 128GB SCSI Disk Device (SSD) 931GB Hitachi HGST HTS721010A9E6300 SCSI Disk Device (SATA) DTSOFT Virtual CdRom Device MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8G6 SCSI CdRom Device

Aitchbee 13:04 28 Apr 2017

Your image icon can be viewed by right-click with mouse and selecting open in a new tab.

Hope that helps.

Archonar 15:25 28 Apr 2017

Have you run another virus scan since the one that removed the viruses? They will often not go easily so there is a chance that they are still there, worth making sure you're virus free before we move on to other solutions.

Secret-Squirrel 15:40 28 Apr 2017

Petresko, considering that all your problems started immediately after installing all those (possibly rogue) programs, I recommend you try a System Restore. If you're not familiar with it then click here and scroll down to "How To Use System Restore in Windows 7 or Windows Vista". Choose an available restore point that's before yesterday but try not to go any further back than you need to. You won't lose and personal stuff like documents, photos, or music etc.

wee eddie 16:02 28 Apr 2017

"I installed a bunch of converters,uninstalling them shortly after after finding out they are useless."

One assumes that, in doing this, you have downloaded a whole truckload of malware with these converters. Uninstalling them will not have removed the associated malware.

I suggest that "Secret Squirrel's" answer is most appropriate

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

Black Friday Deals for Designers & Artists: Adobe, Apple, Corel Painter, Microsoft Surface, Wacom &e…

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires