Expanding text in a word document?

  YinHoNg 09:11 22 Aug 2006

I want to have expanding text in my word document but i can't find out how to do it.

I want something similar to xml, where you can click on the + button, to expand text and the - button to minimize the text.

I'm running Microsoft Word 2002 SP3 on Windows XP Home.

Any help will be gratefully received.

  johnnyrocker 09:18 22 Aug 2006

depends on what you want it for, you can either hold ctrl and if you have a wheel mouse move it while holding the button down. or edit, select all and change font size


  YinHoNg 09:30 22 Aug 2006

I dont want to expand the font size, or the page size. There are sections in my word document that are 'additional information' which bulks up the document quite a lot in terms of how it looks. I want something similar to:

click here

where you can expand/minimize text as and when you please.

Obviously, I wont be able to print the document properly but this is not needed so i'm not too worried about it.

  YinHoNg 11:45 22 Aug 2006


  silverous 17:21 22 Aug 2006

Try the "outline view" in Word. You basically create a hierarchical document e.g.

+ Point one
- sub point one
- sub point two

+ Point two

and you can collapse all the stuff at the 2nd level down. Let me know if you need a hand with this but Word help / playing with "View, Outline" and the resulting toolbar may well show you what you need.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?