Expanding HDD partitions, Fujitsu LifebookAH530

g0slp 07:26 22 Jun 2012

On setting up a Lifebook, the Partition Size for the C drive was inadvertently set too small; just enough to accept the OS (W7 Home Premium). There is 400GB of unused space on the HDD, but I cannot get the system to expand the C partition; when following Fujitsu's help files & right-clicking on the partition, the option to expand it is greyed out. AFAIK I'm running as an Administrator, so am at a loss as to what to try. Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks in advance.

BRYNIT 08:27 22 Jun 2012

Is the 400GB of unused space formatted if so you will need to reduce the size of this partition to allow for the C drive to expand.

robin_x 11:28 22 Jun 2012

Try MiniTool Partition Wizard or Easeus Partition Master. You have to expand (resize) into Unallocated space.

Windows Disc Management is a bit limited at times. All of them have foibles too.

g0slp 12:45 22 Jun 2012

Many thanks for the replies - I don't know if the unallocated space is formatted, so will check that, & will also try the suggested tools. Might be Sunday before I can do that, but will post again once I've done so. Thank you again.

g0slp 15:06 24 Jun 2012

MiniTool Partition Wizard has allowed me to sort out the unallocated area of my HDD - many thanks :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?