Executor Pro PC crashing / red light flashing

cactusjack 22:57 19 Jun 2008

Hello,

My new 3 week old Novatech PC appears to have developed an issue. I would be grateful if you could take a look at this posting I made on the Novatech forum and give me your opinions.

click here

Also for anyone that owns an Executor Pro PC, is it normal for the hard disk light on the front of the machine (under the blue lit power light) to be flashing red, or should it only be flashing blue when processing activity is happening?

Thank you.

mrwoowoo 01:45 20 Jun 2008

You mention World of Wacraft. Does the pc crash only when you try to play this game or all games.
Does it only crash when running something as by your postings it seems fine at idle.

cactusjack 09:35 20 Jun 2008

Yeah seems ok at idle... so could be the game... but then I have played it for 3 weeks so far without an issue. I don't play any other games.

Last night it was fine later on when playing the game.

Will see what happens tonight.

mrwoowoo 17:00 20 Jun 2008

You could try downloading the latest World of warcraft patch.click here
And download the latest driver for your graphics card.
If you have vista, take a look in control panel>problems and solutions to see if any problems are logged.

cactusjack 17:29 20 Jun 2008

Thanks mrwoowoo.

I have all of the latest WoW patches.

May be I should look at the latest graphics cards drivers.

Thankfully, I have XP rather than Vista :-)

Rob_08 17:36 20 Jun 2008

Have you chatted to Novatech support on Live Chat ? If not do so. Its free and better than phoning. Good luck mate.

woodchip 17:47 20 Jun 2008

Go into display settings and turn acceleration down

cactusjack 18:07 20 Jun 2008

Thanks woodchip. If it crashes again (it hasn't since last night) I will try turning down acceleration.

I have a Nvidia Gefore 8800GT card, it is a quadcore machine, with 2GB RAM. So it is a decent machine. Does turning down the acceleration put less pressure on the graphics card to perform?

woodchip 22:14 20 Jun 2008

yes

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?