exeception erros -help needed

holly polly 21:01 04 Oct 2003

hi posted a thread earlier very little response ,the link is here to previous thread and the associated problems -thanks -hol pol...
click here

did you try the system restore as suggested or just uninstalled the software, also what software was installed just prior to this problem.

MjM Hellfire 00:45 05 Oct 2003

What OS are you using?

MjM Hellfire 01:04 05 Oct 2003

Do you have 2 x 256 sdram chips or 1 x 512? If you have two 256 chips, try removing one and swapping them over if need be and see if that helps...it would rule out a faulty set of RAM.

Possibilities -

If a real-mode driver and a protected-mode driver are in conflict.

If the registry is damaged.

If either the Win.com file or the Command.com file are infected with a virus, or if either of the files are damaged.

If a protected-mode driver is loaded from the System.ini file and the driver is already initialized.

If there is a physical input/output (I/O) address conflict or a random access memory (RAM) address conflict.

If there are incorrect complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings for a built-in peripheral device (such as cache settings, CPU timing, hard disks, and so on).

If the Plug and Play feature of the basic input/output system (BIOS) on the computer is not working correctly.

If the computer contains a malfunctioning cache or malfunctioning memory.

If the motherboard on the computer is not working properly.

If you installed Microsoft Office 97 and you are using the Novell Client 32 software.

MjM Hellfire 01:15 05 Oct 2003

click here;en-us;308366&Product=winme

Also...do the errors happen when you perform a particular task, like using Outlook Express ect.

It couls well be an AV or Firewall programme causing the error. Can you remember the last programme you installed or any you uninstalled before the errors started?

MjM Hellfire 01:17 05 Oct 2003

Damn...the above link went wonky...search the Microsoft database and copy the errors 0028:c006e3fo ect, into their search engine and you might get a better idea.

Kitz E Kat 10:25 05 Oct 2003

Could it be related to your previous problem, click here, did your current problem arise after you deleted the file ...

Yours
Kitz E Kat

holly polly 18:25 05 Oct 2003

gday firstly system specs
athlon 700 ,512 mb of sd ram on 3 sticks 1of 128 mb ,and 2 of 64 mb ....
these exeception errors occured before i installed the recent software ,i have not used system restore ,just uninstalled the programs etc . i do not use outlook express as my isp is aol and cannot use outlook with it ,os is win me fully updated ,so i am at a lost as too why these errors occur ,the only programs i have left are my burning vcd ,virtuial dub programs ,tmpeg affilrate bbmpeg etc ,but i had these errors before i installed these programs .regards - hol pol ...

alan 2273 18:54 05 Oct 2003

Try thisclick here

holly polly 19:18 08 Oct 2003

visited varios sites ,followed a wealth of info ,eventualy downloaded latest chipset drivers from amd ,no exxception errors since {touch wood)thanks to all who posted -hol pol...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires