.exe problem

Ginge1980 18:17 08 May 2007

hello,
been trying to install a kiddies game... the game seems to install correctly but when you come to run the game notification of an error appears saying that a .exe file has encountered a problem and the program needs to shut down and gives an option to send an error report....
Anybody shed any light on the problem or know of a way around it..
Thanks in advance.

MAJ 18:29 08 May 2007

Which operating system are you using and which game is it? Usually, if there's a problem with a game, the developers will have come across it and, if there is one, will release a patch to cure the problem. Have you checked their website?

Ginge1980 18:35 08 May 2007

its a disney game amd using XP. will try there website, cheers

MAJ 18:41 08 May 2007

If you could be a little more specific, Ginge1980, it might help. What is the name of the game and what is the *exact* error message you're getting?

Ginge1980 19:15 08 May 2007

disney ciderella doll's house...

error is...

dollhouse.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.

Tried the website with no joy.

Cheers

MAJ 19:23 08 May 2007

Try running it in compatibility mode, Ginge1980. Right-click on "Dollhouse.exe", choose Properties > Compatibility tab. Tick the "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" and choose Windows 98/95 from the dropdown menu. Click Apply and OK to exit and try again.

Ginge1980 19:32 08 May 2007

No luck MAJ, tried the above and used the compatibility wizard.. still getting the same error report.

MAJ 20:57 08 May 2007

Sorry for the delay, Ginge1980, had to pop out. It could be that there is something else you have installed that is conflicting with the program or it could be a problem with the program itself. If possible, try to run it on another computer, maybe a mate's computer, see if the same error ocurrs.

Ginge1980 21:33 08 May 2007

it's a mates i'm trying to run it on!! I'm running vista so i don't think there's much hope with running it on my machine. It's not that important, just trying to get it to work for his duaghter.
Many thanks for your help MAJ.. might try it on another machine if i get the chance, but i'm not losing sleep over this one!!!
Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?