Exception Processing Message

bazza11 17:38 20 Mar 2009

on Startup (Windows Vista) I get a message that reads "Windows - No Disk
Exception Processing Message 0xc0000013 Parameters 0x75DB92A0 0x00000004 0x75DB92A0 0x75DB92A0", and then 3 options - Cancel, Try Again, or Continue.
No matter which option I select I still get the same message on startup. Can you please help?

Taff™ 09:45 21 Mar 2009

There seems to be a host of things that can cause this error message so you might have to be patient whilst we try a few things! I`ve checked out several forums for this problem and I`ll try to use the most common things that cured the problem.......

Do you get this message when you start in safe mode? (Tap F8 key repeatedly on boot up to enter safe mode)

Do you have, or used to have, Norton, Quicktime or iTunes installed on your system?

Finally for now, Do you have a card reader?

bazza11 12:37 21 Mar 2009

Tried safe mode and didn't get the message, although it sometimes doesn't appear on normal boot. Tried to start HP Solutions in Safe mode and got the message "No devices detected. HP Solution Center will close now", despite my Photosmart 2575 being connected to my router with a network cable and switched on. When I started in normal mode the program opened ok, although I cannot print from my Hotmail account - only when I forward the message to my Aol account and open it there.

I have Quicktime and ITunes, and Kaspersky 2009 Internet Security. The card reader is built into my Dell Inspiron 530.

Thank you for your help so far, Taff - don't know if I have further muddied the waters!

Taff™ 14:04 21 Mar 2009

In safe mode you wouldn`t get network support unless you chose Safe mode with network support - no problem there then!

One theory is that a program is looking for a disk or card in the DVD Drive or Card Reader on boot up. Let`s try this:

Unplug all USB devices from your computer. That includes USB Mice and keyboards so you might need to grab hold of the old PS2 variants. Open System from control panel or Windows Key + Pause/Break Key. Go to Hardware Tab and then Device Manager. Expand the + sign next to the CD/DVD Drives and right click on the device(s) and uninstall. Now expand the USB Serial Bus Controllers and uninstall everything everything in there too. (Contollers, Root Hubs and composite devices et al.

Reboot the computer normally and wait for the necessary drivers to be installed. See if you get the message again. Then plug in all the original USB devices and the drivers should again automatically load.

bazza11 16:16 23 Mar 2009

Thanks, Taff. It was my Buffalo 1Tb external hard drive.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone