exception oe occurred vxd incdpard

g.1.g 11:59 12 Mar 2007

Not been on here for long time and not sure if you still help with windows 98 problems.
I have windows 98 and keep getting this error when I click on quite a few things especially if I use anything in the cleaning department ie defragment or others but does this error on other things also.

An exception OE has occured at 0028:C14918C2 in VxD INCDPARD(01) & 000007DC2. This was called from 0028:C14879AE in VxD RMM(01) & 0000054E, It may be possible to continue normally.

It never does start normally have to shutdown computer as it crashes.
Thank You In advance if you can help.

crosstrainer 12:07 12 Mar 2007

This error is caused by the nero incd software. To remove it try this: Go to control panel>add remove programs, and look for the ahead nero entry..(or incd if it's there) You can remove the programme, and re-install it (if you have the original cd) but because Windows 98 is no longer supported by Microsoft, the new releases of Nero are aomed at XP and Vista.

g.1.g 12:13 12 Mar 2007

thank you verymuch will see if this works now

Diemmess 12:36 12 Mar 2007

crosstrainer has offered what seems to be a very good answer and I hope it works.

I still have memories of W98SE and a confusion over which versions of Nero would or would not run. Just wonder if you are possibly a shade too ambitious.

If you have changed CD or DVD hardware you would probably have an OEM CD to install.
Then there may be a conflict because the manufacturer has packed a version that may not run sweetly with your aging OS.

This is only a vague possibility, but if a reinstall of Nero doesn't work, have a shuffle through any older versions you might have on CD or downloaded.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?