exception error?

lelole76 08:15 30 Aug 2007

Last night when partner tried to switch to his login, he found that the icons etc went huge and fuzzy, we decided this might be the driver for the video card and uninstalled it and restarted, and it allowed us to change resolution and was then fine. (We've been having an error message about the driver preventing standby for a while)

But now I have gone to the computer and I have this message: Windows - no disk (in box title bar) exception processing message c0000013 parameters 75b6bf9c 4 75b6bf9c 756b6f9c (in main message text). It has options for retry continue cancel, I checked continue.

I have been doing a lot of clean up using ccleaner, spybt etc. Have I destabilised things - or is this something like malware?

Any help appreciated...I did mention this in a previos post but I think it was buried in amongst a lot of information about the previous problem.
Leah

rawprawn 08:42 30 Aug 2007

After Googling it looks as though this could be a Virus or malware. Update all your spyware and Your AV program, and do a full check.

rawprawn 08:43 30 Aug 2007

click here Try this online scan.

lelole76 22:37 30 Aug 2007

I ran housecall as you suggested but all it found was a couple pf tracking cookies. I am still getting the error message though - any ideas?

birdface 22:49 30 Aug 2007

Googled.click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?