Excel Sheet Tabs Missing

jonnyg111 12:34 31 Mar 2007

I'm trying to run an Excel spreadsheet on my laptop (it works fine on my PC) but there are no Sheet tabs showing at the foot of the screen. (And there is no horizontal scroll bar either, for that matter.) I have been to Tools and Options and View and ticked the Sheet Tabs box, but it makes no difference. Help gratefully received.

Jonny

VoG II 12:51 31 Mar 2007

Is this with just the one spreadsheet? Does the same thing happen if you open a blank (new) spreadsheet? Is the spreadsheet protected? Is there any VBA code that might cause this? Which version of Excel?

jonnyg111 13:29 31 Mar 2007

Happens with every spreadsheet including a blank new one. These are not protected spreadsheets (actually, maybe two of them are, but most are not). There is no VBA code that is troublesome (they work fine on my PC). This is Excel 2003, both on my PC and on my laptop. One possibly relevant thing: when I shut the spreadsheet on the laptop, that's fine, but then there is no red cross in the top right corner: I have to shut Excel down via the File menu and Exit.

Jonny

VoG II 13:30 31 Mar 2007

I would try Detect and Repair on the Help menu.

jonnyg111 14:21 31 Mar 2007

Sadly no joy again. I have run Detect and repair, to reconfigure Office, and the box told me this had been successsful, but still no Sheet tabs in Excel. I can't reinstall Office from scratch either, as I don't have the software (it was installed by my College.)

Jonny

Legolas 14:34 31 Mar 2007

click here a few things to try apaologies if you have already tried them.

jonnyg111 16:52 31 Mar 2007

Sorted! I just visited Tools-Options-View and ticked everything that wasn't ticked. I was missing the Formula Bar, and the Status bar, and the Windows in task bar. Big relief, thank you both for your help.

Jonny

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?