Excel Question

J B 10:47 17 Jul 2006

Last week we had a real bad fire at the house that completely gutted the garage. Now that I have to deal with Loss Adjusters and the like, I need to make a list of all the contents as well as estimated cost of all the goods inside. At the moment I am using Word to list all the items, however I was thinking of using Excel for the final product. I only have a very basic knowledge of Excel, so would it be better to continue with word, or use Excel? If Excel is the way to go how would I set it up to do my list with the minium of fuss and still get a esay to read document at the end of the exersize? J.B.

VoG II 11:07 17 Jul 2006

I would have thought it would be easier to do this in Excel. Just enter the items in Column A and estimated values in Column B. You can format Column B as £ by clicking on the B heading to select the column then clicking the currency toolbar button.

To total the estimated costs in a column other than B enter the formula

=SUM(B:B)

You should be able to copy what you already have in Word and Paste into Excel.

ArrGee 11:08 17 Jul 2006

Sorry to hear of the loss. Excel is definately your better bet. Let me know what level of information you want in it and I'll set up a spreadsheet and e-mail it over to you. All you'll then need to do is fill in the details.

J B 17:01 17 Jul 2006

Thanks for the replies, I think I will be able to do that, if I have any trouble I will email ArrGee. J.B.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone