Excel problem driving me mad.

Housten 14:53 09 Jan 2014

Good Afternoon, Gentlemen,

I know I am being thick, an am doing something stupid, but I would be grateful if someone could kindly tell me how and why I am being thick.

I have Office Professional 2003 on my 7 year old desktop dual core machine and I use Windows 7 64Bit Home Office Premium.

So in my Excel 2003 I have a spreadsheet with 5 sheets to it. For several weeks now I have been getting an ‘update’ warning. I have tried looking at what I thought were the problem cells, no go. I have now tried twice to use the ‘Links’ in the ‘Edit’ dropdown menu, and this is where I am having the problem. The box that appears has 4 Headings – Source, Type, Update and Status. Source lists the spreadsheet to which the link is made, that I understand. Type states that they are Worksheets. Update has A against all three sources and Status states Unknown against all of them.

To the right of these are various options; Update Values, Change Source, Open Source, Break link and Check Status. Underneath this box are 3 headings; Location, Item and Update. The location is the source file, Item is, I assume the cell in the spreadsheet I have open and Update gives two options – Automatic or Manual. When a link is highlighted the folder within which the source file is located is highlighted, but Item remains blank. And this is the same whichever sheet of the 5 I click on.

As I say I have looked round the sheets and can not find which cell(s) are the problems. I have tried Edit, Links in all 5 sheets and the Location remains blank at all times so what I would like to know is how do I find which cell(s) is/are creating the problem(s)?

Any and all advice will be most gratefully received and I would like to thank anyone who can help me in advance. Many, many thanks to all who read this.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?