Excel problem

Chopin 13:04 05 Aug 2003

I have an Excel workbook containing 4 sheets with data transferred from sheets 1&2 to a summary sheet3 (and an archive sheet 4). After succesful use for several years I have suddenly lost the sheet names tabs. I am stuck on sheet3. Can someone please advise how to get the tabs back?
Graham

Big Elf 13:12 05 Aug 2003

Have you checked that there is a tick in 'Tools', 'View' tab, 'Sheet Tabs'.

cherria 13:12 05 Aug 2003

Go to tools->options on the view tab, bottom right hand side is a check box with says sheet tabs. Make sure it is checked.

that should sort you out:-)

cherria 13:13 05 Aug 2003

If I say "jinx" now, does that mean Big Elf can't say anything until somebody says his name?

Taff36 13:16 05 Aug 2003

On the Tools menu, click Options, and then click the View tab.
Select or clear the Sheet tabs check box.

Also check Format menu > sheet > unhide just in case they are hidden

Chopin 13:23 05 Aug 2003

Thanks to those who have responded already. However the sheet tab box is already ticked and sheet hide is not on.
Graham

Big Elf 13:27 05 Aug 2003

Could the file be corrupt?

VoG II 13:38 05 Aug 2003

If you right click on the arrows at the bottom left of the window it will (should) show you a pop up list of all the sheets from which you can select.

Big Elf 13:42 05 Aug 2003

Also it is possible to drag the scroll bar over which hides the tabs. VoGs post reminded me.

Taff36 13:47 05 Aug 2003

I think your horizontal slider bar has covered the sheet tabs. you should have in the bottom left hand corner 4 arrows - 2 pointing left and 2 pointing right.

If there is a fifth one right next to these move your pointer between the last two arrows and it will change to a bidirectional pointer. Drag this to the right and they should be revealed.

VoG II 21:53 05 Aug 2003

Via e-mail

... my problem goes further than I had thought. There is no horizontal scroll bar and no arrows, just a line that starts 'Ready'

====================
Chopin

Just to claify - you are on Sheet3 but you do not see the sheet tab?

What version of Excel are you using?

Does this only happen with the one workbook?

Could anybody have interfered with it?

Do you have a backup - if so does that behave in the same way?

This may take a bit of detective work so please be patient until we get to the bottom of what has happened.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?