Excel pivot table tutorial

keef66 10:34 15 Mar 2007

Just been given a huge amount of data from a crop scanning gadget and I'm told I can use pivot tables to produce a concise summary. Trouble is, I know nothing about pivot tables. Anyone recommend an online tutorial?

VoG II 10:36 15 Mar 2007

click here and turn up the sound to hear the commentary.

keef66 13:23 15 Mar 2007

as usual, a very quick response, thank you. Your speed certainly impressed the colleague who's given me the data to play with!
That looks a very useful site, but I can't get the flash tutorials to appear on my pc here at work, despite having numerous flash players installed, and mucking about with the IE security settings. I'll have a look from home tonight.

Just how do you manage to spot Excel related queries so quickly? Do you work in GCHQ?

silverous 14:07 15 Mar 2007

keef66 - you could also just have a play around with a small sample of data, once you've had a go it is fairly straightforward.

keef66 15:17 15 Mar 2007

I'm playing already, and have got the data to look like he wanted. Trouble is, I'm now hooked. How have I coped for so long without them?

Chris the Ancient 16:21 15 Mar 2007

Brilliant demo - I liked that one (though a bit fast!). Saved in my bookmarks for future reference

keef66 22:34 15 Mar 2007

OK, safely at home now, and the flash video starts in 2 seconds. I'm watching in awe as the data hurtle round the screen. Saved the site in my favourites (sorry, favorites) for future homework.

Better than most of the training courses I've been on, considerably cheaper, and less fattening.

Thanks again

Dazza40 23:04 15 Mar 2007

Looks excellemt. Bookmarked

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?