Excel insert picture shortcut

picklefactory 06:58 13 Nov 2006

I use a specific sheet on a regular basis at work which requires insertion of a picture of my signature as approval, might sound a bit risky, but it's just for minor internal stuff. I currently have the image in a Word doc that I have to keep opening, copy/pasting across each time. Bit of a pain. Question is, does anyone know if there is a way of creating a shortcut that can do this for me either with shortcut keys or a macro? I don't know if I can open another package with an Excel macro.
Cheers

VoG II 09:16 13 Nov 2006

Can't you copy the picture in Word, paste it into Paint then save it. Then in Excel record a macro to insert the picture, without involving Word.

picklefactory 10:14 13 Nov 2006

Easy when you know how, thanks VoG™. Could you refresh my memory on how I can make that available to all open workbooks please? What happens is, numerous people around the plant create the workbook on their pc, send it to me for approval, and it gets shipped on to a supplier, so if poss I'd like the macro to be always there whenever I open any old Excel file, as they are not created on my machine, so I cant use the XLstart file, can I do that?
Thank again

VoG II 10:27 13 Nov 2006

Record your macro and ensure that it works.

ALT + F11 to open the Visual Basic Editor, if necessary click in the left hand pane on Modules then on the name of the module your macro is in (probably Module1). File > Export and save the module. Save and close the workbook.

Open a new blank workbook, ALT + F11 then File > Import and import your module. Close the VBE. File > Save As and in the file type dropdown select Microsoft Office Excel Add-in (*.xla) - normally at the bottom of the list. Close the file.

Tools > Add-ins, click the Browse button, find and click on the Add-in file that you just saved and click OK.

The macro should now be available in any Excel file on that PC.

picklefactory 11:51 13 Nov 2006

Marvellous, thanks VoG™, 1st for Excel as usual.

picklefactory 12:03 13 Nov 2006

Just finished setting that up, works a treat of course, as if there was any chance it wouldn't.

Picklefactory 14:50 03 Dec 2007

We've just had Office 2007 rolled out across our company, and now my trusty signature macro (As above) is gone. Or was. I tried to do the same thing in Excel 2007 as I had done in '97, but the macro recorder would not pick up the 'Insert picture' steps. I started new macro, entered name/info etc and went through the insert picture moves from the ribbon, but when I stopped macro recorder, and looked at the code for macro, all that was there was start, info that I'd added and end, nothing in between. Luckily I still have '97 on my pc, so did it again in that, to check I'm not mental, and all worked fine, tried again in 2007, and it doesn't grab the insert picture steps. I've worked around it by copying the code across from '97 VBE into my 2007 macro, so my macro is now working OK in 2007, but I'd like to know how it should be done in 2007, as eventually, we will have '97 uninstalled. Any ideas?
Cheers

Picklefactory 15:10 03 Dec 2007

Oops, in hindsight, probably not a good idea to continue a resolved thread. Please don't add to this one, as I've started a new thread.
Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?