excel help - totals worksheet

craig367 09:51 21 Jul 2006

Have a project from work to fill in worksheets for phone calls received each week. Column headers are Phone Line 1,2,3,4,5. Rows are days of the week - with totals at the end of each column/row. Is it possible for me to have a separate worksheet which will add each of the weekly sheets up as a running total. I know I can do it as an autosum for existing sheets, but is there a way for it to auto-update to include each new weekly worksheet I make?

VoG II 10:15 21 Jul 2006

Other than using a macro, this isn't easily possible. However, if you enter the names of the sheets - Sheet1, Sheet2 etc - in Column A of your summary sheet then the formula

=INDIRECT("'"&A4&"'!M4")

and copied down will retrieve the value of M4 from each sheet. You could adapt this to sum them.

craig367 13:30 24 Jul 2006

I no longer have to provide this summary sheet - THANK GOD! I hold my hands up & admit to still being somewhat stumped even after the prompt reply from VoG. Thankyou VoG, but think it was beyond my capabilities. At least I have been given a reprieve & am not exposed as an excel novice to my work pals. hehe. Will mark as resolved.

JohnMHT 08:44 04 Jan 2007

Can anyone tell me how to add column headers to excel? For example a spreadsheet containing Title, First name, Last name, address, telephone number. I need to add a header for each column which will not appear half way down the page when I sort.

VoG II 18:28 04 Jan 2007

You simply tick the box in the Sort wizard that says your table contains a header row. Excel will then leave the column headings in place when you sort.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?