excel formula needed

gengiscant 15:12 08 Oct 2009

My better half needs to keep a record of how many paces she walks in a day. I have started a spread sheet with the days of the week but would like to have a weekly total, adding of the 7 days of the week together either as a running total adding Tuesday to Monday then Wednesday to that and so on,or just a total of the whole week when adding the lastday.

Please keep it simple as this at the ripe old age of ?? is my first foray into excel.

Thanks.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:42 08 Oct 2009

Not used excel for a while (don't have it on my current machine) but if I remember correctly there is a symbol that looks like a backwards E, this will auto sum a column.

so if you have days of week in column A1-7 and paces in column B1-7 the click on B* then click on the Autosum symbol.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:43 08 Oct 2009

B*=B8

wiz-king 15:51 08 Oct 2009

Use the sum button; put your cursor where you want the totals, click to highlight the cell then click on the sum button (the one that looks like a back-to-front E)and adjust the range if you need to. That will give you a weekly running total.

gengiscant 16:27 08 Oct 2009

Sorry folks but your replys are not simple enough.
My days of the week go accross the sheet B-H so the sum formula need to happen in cell I1 then it will be I2 and so on.

wiz-king 16:39 08 Oct 2009

Put a number into B1, put the cursor on I1 click to highlight the cell,click on the sum button and it should do the trick.

BRYNIT 16:45 08 Oct 2009

All the Help and How to files on excel from 2000 to 2007 easy to understand.

BRYNIT 16:46 08 Oct 2009

Forgot to put the link. click here

gengiscant 18:08 08 Oct 2009

Cheers folks,change the sheet around so that the days of the week went down instead of across the sheet and followed WIZ-KING's suggestion,perfect.

Thanks again all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

This is what design agencies will look like in 2032

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache