Excel columns

QuizMan 09:22 15 Oct 2010
Answered

When I started using Excel 2007 this morning, I noticed that column headers were showing as 1,2,3 rather than the usual A,B,C.

I successfully googled for the solution and all is now back to normal (by removing the tick from "R1C1 reference style" in Excel Options > Formulas).

Purely out of curiosity, I wonder how this happened because it was something I was unaware of until this morning and I am as confident as I can be that I did not put that tick in there in the first place. Someone (reliable source) sent me a spreadsheet to review yesterday. Could that have been the source?

VoG II 09:26 15 Oct 2010

Possibly or you could have inadvertently held down ALT and typed TOC then released ALT and pressed Enter.

QuizMan 09:37 15 Oct 2010
Answer

Thank you, VoG™. In the end, I did what I should have done in the first place and re-opened the spreadsheet that I was sent yesterday. sure enough, my column headers reverted to 1,2,3.

Of course, I now know how to put this right, but I do find it worrying and annoying that another person's settings can reset my own ones.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?