Excel ASAP... updated version

Simsy 18:51 06 Feb 2006

WHilst pointing this utility out to someone else I've just discovered there is a very new version of this Excellent tool available...

Version 3.10c (26 Jan 2006)

Regards,

Simsy

VoG II 19:04 06 Feb 2006

And here's the link click here

There's a new .pdf guide as well click here

Once installed, ASAPUtilities will alert you when a new version is available.

ChrisP 01:11 28 Mar 2006

I have downloaded and installed ASAP utilities. I opened 'Tools/Add-ins' and then browsed to the ASAP xla file, clicked OK and the program appeared on my toolbar to the right of 'Help'. All fine and dandy.

But when I close Excel and re-open it, ASAP utilities is gone from the toolbar and I have to go to 'Tools/Add-ins' all over again. I can never get Excel to save this program on the toolbar on closing.

Does anyone have any ideas, please? Am I saving to the wrong file? If so, to which file should I save it?

Thanks for any help.

Simsy 09:02 28 Mar 2006

you appear to be doing the right thing...

Do you have any other add-ins installed? If so do they stay installed?

What directory are they in... somewhere unusual? A different partition?

Did you install it first, as per the instuctions on the asap site?

Which version of Windows, and which version of Excel?

I'm afraid I don't have any answers, just that what I've asked above may help someone come up with an answer!

Regards,

Simsy

ChrisP 13:51 29 Mar 2006

I have Excel 2003 ans Windows XP SP2. I have also tried previously to install the add-in 'Change Case for Excel'. This latter add-in runs from the keyboard strokes but is not inserted into the menu as it should be. So there might be something similar with this.

When I install the add-in, and close and re-open Excel, there is a first screen which has the add-in in the correct place. This is immediately (less than one second) replaced by a screen without the add-in.

I have left the ASAP files in the ASAP directory in Program Files, which is the default location.

VoG II 20:31 29 Mar 2006
  ChrisP 13:25 30 Mar 2006

Thanks. As usual these sites are a bit circular. I have already tried the first (see my first post) and have now decided to email at the only 'Contact Us' which gives me a human being.

ChrisP 23:32 30 Mar 2006

Problem solved. I saved to Book1.xls and, importantly, deleted (moved to a safe place) the xlb file in the XLSTART folder. Next time I reloaded Excel, ASAP Utilities was there next to Help on the Toolbar.

Thanks to all, especially Bastien at ASAP.

Cesar 08:44 01 Apr 2006

^

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017