Excel 2007 opening an existing file

gmh 16:43 03 Feb 2008

I am experiencing a problem in that if I double-click on an Excel 2007 file (eg in windows explorer)Excel opens but the spreadsheet is not visible until I click on its tab in the taskbar (which minimises Excel) and then click on the tab again - when the spreadsheet appears.
This only happens in Excel - not in Word or Access. It happens whether or not the spreadsheet is macro-enabled (ie .xlsx or .xlsm)

VoG II 16:45 03 Feb 2008

Click the Office Button > Excel Options > Advanced. Scroll down to General and make sure that 'Ignore other applications...' is NOT ticked.

gmh 17:01 03 Feb 2008

Thanks for the prompt reply VoG. I have just checked and it is definitely NOT ticked. should I check for anything else?

VoG II 17:04 03 Feb 2008

You could try Excel Options > Resources > Run Microsoft Office Diagnostics.

gmh 17:20 03 Feb 2008

Have just run Microsoft Diagnostics. 1-4 completed with no errors, 5 completed with 1 error, which it said it had corrected (no info given as to what the error was).
But ... still have same problem.

VoG II 18:51 03 Feb 2008

Sorry I don't have any other ideas. This problem is usually solved using the first method that I suggested.

Try posting on MrExcel click here and state what you've already tried.

Good luck.

gmh 13:53 05 Feb 2008

Hi VoG, I thought you might like to know that my problem has been solved by editing the opening of file types XLSX and XLSM in Windows Explorer.
I was directed to this by a reply to my question in MrExcel which gave me the following URL:
click here

VoG II 14:57 05 Feb 2008

Thanks very much for the feedback.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?