Excel 2007 Grouping in Taskbar

Haggis2008 13:25 18 Apr 2010

I have just installed Office 2007. Now if I open 2 excel workbooks they group together on the taskbar. It is not the group similar taskbar buttons option in the taskbar properties that is the problem. Let me give you an example if I open Firfox, excel 1, word, notpad. The task bar has them in that order but if I open another excel file it changes to Firfox, word, notpad, excel 1, excel 2. Anyone know how to stop this behaviour.

VoG II 16:07 18 Apr 2010

Not sure but click the Office button (top left), click Excel Options, click Advanced and see if the setting Show all windows in the taskbar has an effect.

Haggis2008 18:36 19 Apr 2010

Thanks for getting back so quick VoG. I tried you're solution but it didn't help.

Haggis2008 18:51 30 Apr 2010

Does anyone know how to solve this

Woolwell 19:46 30 Apr 2010

As far as I am aware Windows on its own does not allow you to move them around. I guess that Microsoft reckoned that users would want open windows belonging to the same program together hence you get Excel, Excel. There are programs that allow you to alter this. I have never used them but if you do a Google search on windows taskbar order you will find them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017