Excel 2003 Column & Row headers ??

boot-it-out 10:29 19 Dec 2006

I don't know why but when I open up a new spreadsheet, the list of Rows down the left side ( 1, 2, 3, etc ) are not displayed, and the Column Headers ( A, B, C, etc ), show the "placeholder" ( if that's the correct term ) for the Column header, but the letter "A" can;t be seen - the first column of cells are so wide that they extend past the edge of the screen.

Going into Options and deselecting "Show Row and Column headers" returns the cells to a sensible size, but as soon as I reselect that option to display Row & Column headers it reverts back as above.

It is as though the actual placeholders for the Column headers have been made ridiculously wide and I can't find a way of resizing it or sorting it. I haven't been able to get the Row headers displayed at all !

The only option I cna think of is to re-install but I wondered if anyone knew of a fix before doing so ?

Cheers !

BigMoFoT 10:34 19 Dec 2006

On the menu at the top choose tools, options and then select the general tab. In there you will se an option that says; 'R1C1 reference style'. Untick it and that will give you back the standard column headers...

boot-it-out 10:48 19 Dec 2006

Sorted - Cheers !

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Les meilleures tablettes 2017