Excel 2003 to 2007: Old charts won't print

blackrook 08:46 27 Jan 2008

Having converted files from Excel 2003 to 2007, I find that the charts will not print. (Everything else prints fine.) The Print Queue says it is "spooling", but it stays that way.

I had to type new sheet tabs when I converted (they had gone to "Chart 1", "Chart 2" etc.). Then for no reason that I could see, one day I found that they had all gone back to the 1, 2, 3 and needed retyping again. I don't know if this is a connected issue.

Is there a way to get these charts to print? It would take a long time to produce them all over again.

VoG II 09:03 27 Jan 2008

I can't reproduce this or your other problem click here

blackrook 09:35 27 Jan 2008

Thanks again for taking a look.

Both problems are in the same workbook. Something must have happened during conversion, transfer or, if I remember correctly, an auto-recovery at some point.

I'll leave it a bit to see if anyone else has had the same issues and then think about re-doing the book.

Thanks again.

AlanHo 09:44 27 Jan 2008

All my old 2003 files work fine - and print OK - in 2007. I haven't bothered to change all my old files into the new 2007 format - only those that I use day-by-day. But all work fine.

Just tried a couple of really old ones to double check. It appears that your file was, as you suspect, in some way corrupted during the transfer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Graphic tees: 14 best websites to find your next T-shirt

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

Les meilleures applications pour enfants 2017