ex display tomtom 540 adverts

hubdean 13:20 27 Mar 2010

hi
dont know if any can solve this but i got an ex display tomtom 540 from comet.
problem is it seams to still be set up for displaying all about tomtom on the mailn screen.every two mins it pops up with this add about what tomtom can do
comet say they can stop but not till tuesday night.
anyone know how its not in the tomtom menu...

hubdean 13:39 27 Mar 2010

just delete script in tomtom
hope this helps some els.

Comet Response 09:40 30 Mar 2010

Hi hubdean,

My Name’s Matt and I’m from Comet.

With regards to the problems you are experiencing turning off the demo mode to your Tom Tom 540 navigation system.

After discussing this matter directly with the manufacturer, they have confirmed that the demo mode can be removed by connecting your navigation system to a laptop or desktop computer.

To do this please connect your navigation system to your laptop or desktop computer using the USB cable that your navigation system was supplied with. Please then follow the steps below.

1) Select ‘My Computer’
2) Double click on the device marked ‘Tom Tom device’
3) Delete any files that are marked ‘script’ or ‘demo’
4) Safely disconnect your Tom Tom unit from your computer or laptop.
5) Turn your navigation system on, and the demo mode will no longer be displayed.

Alternatively, should you require any assistance in completing this process Tom Tom have a dedicated technical helpline who are able to talk you through this process, and can be contacted on 0845 161 0009. Lines are open Monday to Friday, between the hours of 9.00 AM and 6.30 PM.

Thanks

Matt

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

30 UK artists have created vibrant posters celebrating Pride London

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?