Ewido update

fullyfitted 20:23 16 Jan 2007

I’m currently using Ewido 3.5. When I tried to update it I was referred to the Ewido site and offered version 7.50.50 which, if I am reading it correctly, contains a 30day free trial of AVG. Apparently this will then expire and I revert to the normal free version. They also state that it is compatible with my existing anti-virus programme (AVAST).
I always understood that running two anti-virus programmes can cause a conflict, is this right or am I ok to go ahead?
Apologies if this has already been raised but I’ve been off line for a few weeks and I may have missed the thread but I couldn’t find anything in the search

its anti spyware so its ok to mix with your av, im sure someone will correct me if im wrong

VoG II 20:30 16 Jan 2007

It is confusing because AVG have taken over Ewido and renamed it to AVG Antispyware 7.5 (the same version number as AVG anti-virus).

AVG Antispyware click here is compatible with Avast - the automatic updates will cease after 30 days but you will still be able to update manually.

fullyfitted 20:32 16 Jan 2007

adman 2
Thanks for your prompt respose but it is the AVG free trial that bothers me.
regards
ff

Halmer 20:37 16 Jan 2007
  fullyfitted 20:45 16 Jan 2007

VoG™ and Halmer
thanks for the info and links I will give it a go because I've always liked Ewido.
I will leave this as unresolved for now until I've done the down load incase I hit problems
thanks again

ff

fullyfitted 21:32 16 Jan 2007

All done

No installation problems and nothing found in scan

thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?