Ewido Scan and Blue Screen

spuds 09:47 14 Jul 2006

Over the last few days, I seem to have a problem trying to do a scan using Ewido. The scan starts okay, but after about one minute or two into the scan, I get a computer blue screen crash.

The blue screen message seems to indicate that new software or new hardware could be the problem. I have not installed any new software or hardware as such. But I have another problem that I am covering by another thread on the forum, that is a constant Microsoft warning about updates (which are already installed).

The blue screen message is suggesting that I could perhaps try 'disabling BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing'. Being a little concerned of 'messing about' with the bios. I am seeking further advice on how this should be done, as I do not want to do something that I have never tried before.

Any help or advice would be appreciated, as to solving this problem.

Sethhaniel 10:05 14 Jul 2006

RootkitRevealer is an advanced rootkit detection utility. ...
click here

maybe find something amiss -
as with my post..
click here

spuds 10:40 14 Jul 2006

Sethaniel-- Thanks for the reply. I have Rootit on the computer, so will see if it finds anything. Didn't occur to me to try that!.

Will look into you post as well, later today. Have a rush job on!.

spuds 12:13 14 Jul 2006

Just completed various scans, and this is the results (including a Trojan!).

Ewido and Rootit, both scans resulted in blue screens after a minute or so into the scan procedures.

Scans with a2,SpyBot and AdAware, resulted in 2 malicious items found in a2 and Spybot. The scan with AdAware resulted in an Avast warning, stating that I had a 'Win 32 Trojan-Gen', which was removed to the Avast chest on recommendation.

Doing further investigations.

spuds 11:22 15 Jul 2006

Doesn't matter what I do, the results are the same. After about one and a half to two minutes into a scan using Rootit or Ewido, the whole system blue screens.

And strangely since yesterday, when I sometimes use iSpell spelling check, the system can shut-down completely.

Something seriously amiss somewhere, seems to do with scanning procedures?.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires