evidence eliminator

tarkus 23:41 02 Feb 2003

what type of program is this, i was searching on google for a legitimate mp3 download site like the msn one where you pay £5.00 a month to download a certain number of tracks a month (tried msn but can only play the downloaded tracks on the pc they where downloaded to) and a couple of sites i went to had a pop for this program saying i was being tracked and investigated it gave my isp and what appeared to be my ip address. i was supprised to see this information as i use norton internet security. i checked my settings for internet security and also did the on line test and norton reported back that all was well with my set up. how did this pop up get this info or is it a scam

woodchip 23:43 02 Feb 2003

If I was you I would forget it, It removes things that it should not

Cordy13 23:43 02 Feb 2003

Scam.

jazzypop 23:47 02 Feb 2003

Evidence Eliminator is pretty widely regarded as a scam - see click here for a fairly strong opinion of it :)

Any web site has to know who your ISP is, and what your IP address is, or else they could not send the web page back to your browser.

Ignore this pop-up advert.

Cordy13 23:50 02 Feb 2003

But it does have a pretty hefty price tag!

tarkus 23:50 02 Feb 2003

how did they get what appeared to be my information though. it showed that i run win xp, ie 6 and who my isp is.
can any one recommend a legitimate mp3 site that has as many artists as msn but can burn music to cd for play back where i want i.e in the car

tarkus 23:54 02 Feb 2003

thanks for that sorry i seem to have asked the question after you answered it my. typings a bit slow and as usual with this site someone has the answer right away.

algo mas 23:59 02 Feb 2003

This and others that say your surfing is too slow etc. are only adverts and rely on you being scared etc.get a pop up advert remover .Type this in google.com and you'll get plenty of links.

GANDALF <|:-)> 01:12 03 Feb 2003

This is how they know what is on your computer....type C:\ (or copy and paste C:\) into your IE address bar and hit GO...totally lame computer trick.

G

GANDALF <|:-)> 01:14 03 Feb 2003

Should have said that they know what browser and OS you are using as this info is needed by the servers etc. Although the C:\ trick shows all the files no one can actually see them.

G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

30 UK artists have created vibrant posters celebrating Pride London

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?