Eveshams reputation for good laptops ?

Craigmave 19:44 21 Apr 2004

Hi there. Can anyone tell me if they have an Evesham laptop and if Evesham have a good reputation. I am thinking of investing in a laptop from them. Many thanks.

DAG88 19:58 21 Apr 2004

Evesham have a very good reputation in general (Especially for aftersales support) and yes they do sell laptops

DAG88 20:00 21 Apr 2004

just to add to that, it is an Evesham laptop that tops the PCA power notebook chart.

Daveson 20:07 21 Apr 2004

great, sounds good. What do you rekon to this laptop if you dont mind. I could do with some views. click here am also thinking of upping the ram to 1gb...

Daveson 20:07 21 Apr 2004

sorry i mean 1024 MB ...

Daveson 20:15 21 Apr 2004

i had a bit of a name change also halfway through this post.

DAG88 20:27 21 Apr 2004

looks good. only thing that looks a weak is the graphics however that will only be a problem if you are a gamer.
I also recall that Evesham laptops are heavier than the average which may be a problem if you are using it as a protable a lot but not if it going to be a desktop replacment.

What are you planning to use the laptop for?

Daveson 20:32 21 Apr 2004

well i was planning to use it on the move quite a bit. I know that laptops are not really for gameing, but i am makeing that sacrifice. I plan to use the laptop mainly for updateing websites, work, video editing and picture editing really. I have had a TIME laptop before but it was soo slow so i am after a fast reliable laptop with plent of storage. Thanks.

Daveson 20:59 21 Apr 2004

i guess that the weight of the machine would be i bit of a hassel.

DAG88 21:37 21 Apr 2004

the spec seems good for all tasks you have listed apart from 1. i have never done video-editing before but i would guess that a 32MB intergrated graphics card would struggle. someone correct me if im wrong but i think you would need at least a 64 MB seperate card or even better a 128MB one.

Daveson 21:56 21 Apr 2004

i am having trouble finding laptops that have 128mb gfx. Does anyone have any references...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5T review: Hands-on

Illustrator Andrés Lozano on his improv line work, brazen use of colours & hand sketching

iPhone X review

Comment envoyer gratuitement des gros fichiers ?